What is it?
The sample content is a collection of posts, tags, categories, and pages into an XML file – perfect for importing right into a new installation of WordPress. Here are some of the things this collection includes:
- Posts with different elements in each
- Lists: ordered and unordered
- Images: left-aligned, right-aligned, centered and no-alignment
- Comments on the posts
- Parent, child, and grandchild categories
- Pages and child Pages
How To Use It
This .xml file is just an exported WordPress Blog. Simply import it into your new WordPress Installation using the instructions below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Manage>Import. Select the WordPress option from the bottom of the list, choose the ‘SampleContent.xml’ and upload it.
- With the sample content imported you can edit your new theme and make sure you account for all of the needed formatting.
- Once you have your theme ready, the posts can all be deleted or the theme can be copied over to the site it is being built for.