WPJumpStart is a collection of tools and instructions that will drastically speed up your WordPress theme development or blog design.
- A system of tools that will improve theme design workflow.
- Built especially for designers and developers with experience building themes for WordPress.
- A helping hand for those with intermediate knowledge of WordPress themes.
WPJumpStart is not:
- Meant for those new to HTML or completely new to WordPress.
- A complete guide or manual to the inner workings of WordPress.
What Exactly is it?
WPJumpStart is a compilation of resources that will improve your workflow and allow you to create cleaner designs, build themes faster and optimize WordPress itself. Bring your WordPress projects to a more professional level and decrease the time you spend on projects.
- BlogStarter - An emptied out blog theme, ready to be quickly styled into a custom theme.
- BlogStarter is now actually two themes – a Two-Column simple blog layout, and a wide One-Column layout complete with a working dropdown menu across the top.
- Install these like any other themes, by uploading to your ‘wp-content/themes’ folder.
- ContentStarter – An .xml file ready to import with sample content, providing all of the needed headings, lists, blockquotes and images to make sure you don’t forget to style any elements.
- This an xml file, to be imorted through the built in import tool under ‘Tools->Import’.
- GridStarter – A Photoshop Template with grid overlays and browser safety overlays that will speed up and clean up your design time.